Text Size




Faces of Stroke - Logo 100px  transparent

Jessica N.


I am stroke survivor

My name is Jessica Noble. I am 23 years old. I had a stroke on Christmas eve 2011.

I was making chocolate covered pretzels.  I took cold pills because I had a cold. I laid down on the couch to rest because I was about to go to my brother's house. When I laid down on the couch, I got super dizzy. I tried to get up, but I couldn't get up. My grandma was there and she called my dad. When my dad showed up they called 911, I thought I was alright. I couldn't say anything. The firefighter's were having me say "blue bird" but I couldn't say it. The firefighter's were taking to me to the stretcher. But the right side of my body was paralyzed. I thought I was alright. I couldn't believe my dad called 911. But then they rolled me out and I was so tired riding in the ambulance. They figured out I had a stroke. And they turned the ambulance lights on. My husband and my mom showed up before I even got there. My husband was crying and I didn't know why. I could say "I love you" but that's all I could say. I was crying to because I didn't know what was wrong.

The ER was moving so fast. The emergency room did a MRI. They did tissue plasminogen activator, tPA. Then, they wheeled me to the operating room. They removed a clot from my head. They did it through my groin. I had a horrible headache as soon as they removed the clot. Then, I got out of the operating room and there was a lot of friends and family. I said "I love you" to my family. The wheeled me to intensive care unit, ICU. The nurse had to strap my right arm and leg down.

Then, my family came to visit me two at a time. The nurse told me not to cry. They made me cry because my two kids Madelyn and Lennox, I missed them so much.

The sonogram guy made sure I didn't have clots in my legs. There were so many doctors that came to see me. I slept like 18 hours a day. They did lots of tests on me. They did transesphageal echocardiogram, MRI, cat-scan, and a sonogram. I got out of ICU within 4 days. They told me I had a hole in my heart and birth control paid a part in it also. I'm not allowed to use birth control again. I did physical therapy and speech therapy. I was told I had asaphia. I couldn't say my husband's name. I got to go home on the December 29, 2011. And we did Christmas the next day.

I had heart surgery on February 22, 2012. It was a cognitive heart defect.  They did it through my groin. A camera through one side of my groin and the umbrella through another side of my groin. I stayed in the hospital that night. It was a relief.

I would like to thanks my husband for not leaving my side. My mom, dad, my brother, sister, and  sister in law. My uncles, my aunts, my cousins, and my friends. The firefighters or ambulance guys. The neurologist and the guy that removed my clot. The nurses, the physical therapist, and the speech therapy lady. And the stroke support group in blue springs, mo.

The neurologist said I'm going to 100% better. I got to the hospital with I'm an hour. They saved my life. I'm a stroke survivor. 


All active news articles

Share by

Display of the Faces of Stroke stories does not imply National Stroke Association's endorsement of any product, treatment, service or entity. National Stroke Association strongly recommends that people ask a healthcare professional about diagnosis and treatment questions before using any product, treatment or service. The views expressed through the stories reflect those of the authors and do not reflect the opinion of National Stroke Association.

Printer Friendly Version

National Stroke Association

9707 E. Easter Lane, Suite B
Centennial, CO 80112

Stroke Help Line logo